The other night, my mom wanted me to bake cookies. I however, didn’t. I didn’t want to gather all the ingredients. I didn’t want to clean up afterwards either. I was simply too lazy to bake anything. This definitely didn’t stop her from asking me to bake something, anything. Sooo I started to look up some super easy cookie recipes. There were recipes for all kinds of cookies! After about 5 mins, I came across a cake mix cookie recipe. It seemed simple enough, so I searched the cupboards for a cake mix. I got lucky and found a chocolate cake mix in the first placed I looked. I gathered the remaining ingredients and began to bake.
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 2 egg
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Ground cinnamon to taste (optional)
- Instant coffee to taste (optional)
- Chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Combine cake mix, eggs and oil. Beat until well blended, then stir in cinnamon, coffee and chocolate chips.
- Roll the dough into balls and place on a cookie sheet. I used a tablespoon to scoop the dough out so all of my cookies would be roughly the same size.
- Bake for 13 mins, then let cool.
Before tasting these cookies, I thought that the best part was the simplicity and lack of a mess. That changed after I tried the first cookie. They tasted amazing! The coffee and cinnamon complimented the rich chocolate base, but the flavours weren’t overpowering. And the chocolate chips added even more ooey gooey deliciousness. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did, and have fun baking!