I’m getting ready to go to the cottage, I leave tomorrow, and during this time there’s a lot of preparations made by my mom and I along with the rest of the family. Except she and I are in charge of the most important part; the food. I baked a bunch today, cut up a lot of fruit and yum yum I tried out this new recipe. It was really similar to my granola bars. There were a few differences, changes could be made if you wanted to, but they ended really good so I thought I’d add them on here.
- 1 cup (dry) oatmeal
- 2/3 cup coconut flakes (or shredded)
- 1/2 peanut butter/wowbutter
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/2 chocolate chips (I used miniature)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl, I did it with a spatula and a fork, switching between the two.
- Let set in fridge for about a half hour.
- Roll into small balls around 1 inch in size.
- Store in air tight container in fridge.
- I added in about a scoop of protein powder for extra health benefits
- If you want to make this a milk-free recipe then just swap out chocolate chips for dried blueberries
- After I rolled them into balls I set them on a pan lined with tin-foil and kept them in the fridge to set for awhile longer.
- With bites of various sizes I ended up with nearly 60 bites.
So this recipe was pretty easy, I will admit the longest part was definitely rolling all of the bites into balls, a pain in the butt because it didn’t stick well until I squished it in my hand a bit. Still, it was a nice way to just sit around, listen to music and get my hands messy. Don’t forget to lick them after!
Until next time,