Whenever we have SKOR bits sitting in our baking cupboard (and even when we don’t have any at all), my mommy is constantly asking me to make these SKOR bars! This is a big deal because my mom doesn’t have much of a sweet tooth, so for her to be asking me to make this treat must mean something. This recipe consists of two main parts: a SKOR cookie base and a chocolate sprinkled in SKOR bit topping. While each part is yummy by itself, when combined the end product is a delicious cookie bar that tastes like heaven!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/4 cup SKOR bits (one normal sized pack), divided
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl beat the butter and sugar until fluffy, then add vanilla and egg yolk.
- Stir in flour and 1 cup SKOR bits, then press dough onto a baking sheet (I normally line it parchment paper so it doesn’t get stuck to the pan).
- Bake for 20-23 mins or until golden brown, then top the cookie with chocolate chips and allow the chocolate to melt before letting it cool.
- Take the nearly completed bar out of the over and sprinkle with the remaining SKOR bits and let cool before cutting.
I have made these bars many times, and the recipe has yet to produce a disappointing result. Each time I recipe to make SKOR bars I am left with a delicious buttery SKOR cookie topped with a layer of chocolate and SKOR bits. There is a good reason why this recipe was a hit with my family (especially with my mommy) and I hope that you enjoy it just as much as we did! Good luck and enjoy the recipe!