I don’t remember when I first tried this recipe (but it had to been years ago), and it still turned out amazing! Keep in mind that I couldn’t bake to save my life until just over a year and a half ago, so for this recipe to actually have been good on my first attempt, it must have been foolproof.
As far as cake recipes goes, this is probably the easiest recipe you’ll find. The cake is ready to go into the oven within minutes of starting. It takes so little prep time because there are only two ingredients: a can of crushed pineapple and an angel food cake mix, therefore it is the perfect dessert if you don’t have time to make anything else. As for the cake itself, I can only say good things about it. It is light and fluffy like a normal angel food cake, however it tastes so much better (in my opinion) because the pineapple just adds to the cake.
Whipped Cream (optional, but recommended)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease pan.
- Combine the cake mix and pineapple (with juice), and mix until well blended.
- Pour the batter into pan and bake for 25 minutes or until ready.
- Let cool on cooling rack before serving.
- Place mixer bowl and whisk in freezer for at least 20 minutes to chill.
- Pour heavy whipping cream, sugar and vanilla into the cold bowl and whisk on high-speed for about 1 minute or two.
*Note: do not over beat, or else the whipped cream will become very stiff… I may be speaking from personal experience)*
This cake tastes absolutely fabulous however you decide to serve it. If you decided to serve the cake with whipped cream, I suggest that you store the whipped topping in a separate container, and then add as much as you want when you eat a piece. This allows you to save room in your fridge (because you don’t have to make room for an entire cake) and the cake itself tastes best when it is either warm or room temperature. I hope you find this foolproof recipe as enjoyable and tasty as I did!