So any writers out there will understand me pretty well here. Either if you’re in the middle of writing a story, in-between or just trying to get yourself going on something. The biggest thing we’re looking for is probably inspiration. about 98.99% of the time that’s my problem when I’m in a writer’s block, inspiration. Then you don’t write for awhile and it just gets worse from there. So, one of my go-to’s for a block in creativity these days is writing prompts. I’m still a procrastinator though so daily prompts don’t work. It’s more of a, look through my list of prompts and whichever gives me something, I take a look at it. So here’s a list I made up that will hopefully help with writer’s block or getting some creativity out of your system. (wow that was a big speal, oops).
- First Kiss
- Food Fight
- Try Again
- Thunder Storm
- Left Behind
- Lost and Found
- Strange Land
- Mud Fight
- Hit me with your best shot.
- An attempt at baking.
- Something always has to go wrong.
- It was January, the month of bleeding.
- A grocery store fiasco.
- During the story a way of life comes to an end.
- The wind is my guiding star and the bane of my existence.
- That winter, the boy was dying.
- Being weird doesn’t cover it.
- Inch by inch.
withsomeone that makes you happy.
- A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.
- Then there’s an awkward moment.
- Picking up the pieces.
- What happens when a character makes an interesting mistake.
- A moment in time.
- An experience unlike any other.
- Without trust, where would we be?
- Two very different opinions leads to an interesting result.
- Romance is weird.
- It starts during a war. Takes place a century into the past. During the story there is a terrible misunderstanding.
- Set during an eclipse. Takes place a year into the past or future. During the story friendships are rekindled.
- A character kills someone and they are surprisingly over-enthused about it. A character is negative throughout most of the story. Involve a ring in the beginning.
- Ends during a snow storm. There is a need to ask directions during it. There must be a librarian in it.
- Starts on a flying vehicle. Takes place ten years into the future. During the story, a character is in a vehicular accident.
- A character is angry at the beginning. Someone starts a food fight. There must be an animal in the story.
- Imagine a world where sharks swim in the forest and somehow the character got lost in the woods.
At some point I may add more onto here or do a second post altogether and leave a link for it here, hope you have fun with the prompts and challenge yourself with them. Or just laugh, whichever works since I usually do both. While I’m at it though I’ll leave this link: Writing Prompt Generator it’s pretty decent and comes up with some interesting ideas. So it’s worth a look.
Until next time,